Football: I'm over collapse - Leipzig's Keita
RB Leipzig's Guinean striker Naby Keita insists he has totally recovered from a circulatory collapse he suffered after a Bundesliga match earlier this month and will be fit to face Darmstadt this weekend.
"I've fully recovered," the 22-year-old told AFP subsidiary SID. "I could and I would like to be able to start Saturday's game, but it is up to the coach (Ralph Hasenhuttl) to decide."
Medical exams have revealed nothing on the origin of Keita's collapse following Leipzig's 1-0 defeat by Wolfsburg on March 11.
One of the Bundesliga's revelations this season can now only speculate about the reasons behind it.
"I had not slept correctly the night before the game, I had neither drunk enough water nor without doubt eaten enough to endure the strain of a Bundesliga match," Keita said.
Turning to his club's current situation -- ranked second in the Bundesliga, but with only one point from their last three games, the Leipzig striker played down any talk of a "crisis".
"Given that we were promoted, have accumulated 49 points (over 25 games) and are ranked second even in front of Borussia Dortmund, then it's a very comfortable crisis," Keita said, underlining that the team's goal at the season's start was to remain in the Bundesliga.
"We take each game as a chance to learn and improve," he said. "The coach told us at the beginning of the season: 'We will not lose a single game. Either we will win or we will learn'.
"Despite the first part of our season which was absolutely fantastic, we are still the youngest and without doubt the most inexperienced team in the league."
RB Leipzig host rock-bottom Darmstadt on Saturday in a bid to consolidate their second spot, 13 points adrift of leaders Bayern Munich and three ahead of Dortmund in third (46).